Julie and Julia...

I know I'm late and everyone who cared to see it has probably already done so and blogged about it, but I feel the need to share. Yesterday, I actually sat down and watched a movie. Weeks ago my husband so lovingly placed Julie and Julia in our Netflix queue just because he thought it was something I'd like. I thought that was extremely sweet. Any way I never took the time to watch it, until yesterday. I loved it! Amy Adams was too cute! Meryl Streep did an amazing job, as usual, playing Julia Child. I remember being a little girl and wondering why my mom was laughing so hard at Saturday Night Live when they would do the Julia Child impressions.One day I actually saw her show and it was hysterical. I had to be about 10 or 11 years old. She was amazing to me and she reminded me of my grandmother. She was a statuesque woman and she said whatever was on her mind. She cooked with such ease, as if it were this natural talent that you either have or you don't. Just like my Mommom!

She is the reason I love cooking shows. We didn't have cable so I knew nothing of Food Network growing up. I lived for Sunday afternoons with "Yan Can Cook" and "Ciao Italia" and all those other shows on PBS. Except that vegetarian lady. I hated that one, she always made some gross looking stuff with peanuts.
I guess that was the beginning of my love affair with food TV.

Back to Julie and Julia, it was just an all around good movie and a great way to spend a kid-less Sunday afternoon.

Bon Appetit