My Day with Bobby Flay...

I had the most amazing day yesterday. Besides the weather being absolutely beautiful, I knew that one of my birthday wishes would come true. I met Bobby Flay yesterday!!!!!!!


If you can recall my birthday post, I made three wishes. I wished for a cupcake truck, to meet Paula Deen and to meet Bobby Flay. Well how about that, it only took four months for me to get that wish! I woke up two weeks ago to an email from Williams and Sonoma, I so love that store, inviting me to a meet and greet with my Bobby to promote his new Throwdown cook book. I immediately called and registered for my spot.

When I got there the line was pretty long, but the Williams and Sonoma staff were great, they made if fun and they fed us. All I have to say is Butternut Squash Soup with caramelized onions and cornbread croutons, YUM!!!!! Now, I have to make one suggestion to W&S for next time. If you’re gonna serve soup with caramelized onions, please hand out mints afterward. I was not trying to meet my Bobby with questionable breath. Ewww! Luckily the woman in front of me had gum. They gave out little books and recipe cards. It was great. And before I knew it, it was time to go in. I instantly got extremely nervous, I started sweating and had to pee so bad, I thought I might have to get out of line. It would be horrible to meet Bobby with wet pants. I had to pull myself together, and after a few moments of internal insanity, I was fine.

Once I got inside the store there was still a little bit of a wait before my group got to interact with him so I had time to take in the sites and make a little wish list.

This is a Cornucopia Cake Pan
I'll take one of these please for my Thanksgiving spread!

Beautiful!!

This is a like a little muffin pan but it shapes like nuts and acorns. It is so cool and if you can see in the bottom right corner they displayed them in and Apothecary Jar. Love it!!!

This is the kiddie birthday display. There are cupcake liners and toppers and plates. A pirate ship for the boys and a princess castle for the girls. The castle was amazing. I think I'll be ordering it. You never know when you'll need a good castle.

Enough window shopping.
As I got closer to Mr. Flay I noticed that there were people assisting him with greeting and signing books. It was like an assembly line. They were herding people like cattle. Book, camera, sign, stop, smile, flash, good bye. Oh no, that was not going to work for me. I needed a moment. I need the 3 minute conversation that I’d rehearsed in my head on the way to the mall. Finally it was my turn and I handed off my book to the girl on the right and my camera to the girl on the left. And I did not wait to be invited I walked right up to my Bobby and said "Hello!" He said hello back, very relaxed like he wasn't as excited to see me as I was to see him. I said "I brought you a present." I was looking for a better reaction than I initially received. He looked up and said "You did?" I said "Yes, red velvet cupcakes." Well his face lit up and he let out a grunt of excitement and turned to the crowd and said "Take note people, take note. This is how you do it" I told him that I made them for him and that my card was in the box. He said they looked beautiful and that he could smell them through the box. I also told him that I wished to meet him for my birthday.  He said he was flattered and glad that it came true! Awesomeness! Then he gave me a hug. And he smelled good. I’m crushing on him a little bit; I better stop before the hubby gets jealous. But really, he was super sweet and funny.  That jealous hubby said he wasn’t going to eat my cupcakes and that he would think I was a stalker and trying to poison him or something. Jealous I tell you. Anyway, he seemed genuinely happy about them. We started posing for the picture and he said wait... he turned around and put the box on the table and said "We have to style this picture correctly" and pulled out a cupcake and held it up for the picture. I almost melted into a pile of cream cheese icing. It was a great Day!